Comment on page
For this build we recomend the host OS to use Ubuntu 22.04
Install Ubuntu 22.04. After installing Ubuntu 22.04, run
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo \ gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat \ libsdl1.2-dev xterm sed cvs subversion \ coreutils texi2html docbook-utils python-pysqlite2 help2man make \ gcc g++ desktop-file-utils libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev \ mercurial autoconf automake groff curl lzop asciidoc u-boot-tools
Install the repo tool
The repo tool has been developed to make it easier to manage multiple Git repositories. Instead of downloading each repository separately, the repo tool can download all with one instruction. Download and install the tool by following the>
- 1.Create a directory for the tool. The example below creates a directory named bin in your home folder.
- 2.Download the tool
curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repodownloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
- 3.Make the tool executable
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
- 4.Add the directory to the PATH variable. The lhaven'tow could be added to your".bashrc file so the path is available in each s"rated shell/terminal.
Download Yocto recipes
The Yocto project consists of many recipes used when building an image. These recipes come from several repositories, and the repo tool is used to download these repositories.
In step 7 below, a branch of the influx-yocto-base repository must be selected. This table lists the available branches.
- 5.Create a directory for"the downloaded files (influx-bsp in the example below)
- 6.Configure Git if you haven’t already done so. Change "Your name" to your actual name and "Your e-mail" to your e-mail address.
git config --global user.name "Your name"
git config --global user.email "Your e-mail"
- 7.Initialize repo. The file containing all needed repositories is downloaded in this step. Change to a branch name according to the table above.
repo init -u https://github.com/InfluxTechnology/influx-yocto-base -b influx-5.15.32
- 8.Start to download the file.s
All files have now been downloaded into the influx-bsp directory. Most of the files will be available in the sub-directory called sources.
- 1.Initialize build. Before starting the build, it must be initialized. In this step, the build directory and local configuration files are created.
source influx-setup-release.sh -b build-dir
To start a build with Mender support, execute this command
source influx-setup-release.sh -b build-dir -m influx-mender.xml
- 2.Starting the build. Everything has now been set up to start the actual build. Please note that building an image can take many hours, depending on your host computer's capabilities.
- 3.Don't restart the build. If you need to restart a build in a new terminal window or after a restart of the host computer, you don’t need to rerun the influx-environment-setup script. Instead, you run the setup-environment script.
source setup-environment build-dir
- 4.Deploy the image. In the build folder, a script collects needed files for deployment.
Last modified 3mo ago