Comment on page
Rebel Dash: Product Manual
The Rebel Dash is a compact, highly flexible, rugged CAN bus display. It is extremely bright, making it ideal for vehicle development tasks, where engineers must rapidly configure it to display information for various testing tasks.
The Rebel Dash is designed to be integrated with all the Rebel range of data loggers and the K-Box instrumentation but can also be used as a standalone CAN display, and it can even be used to view RAW can messages:
- It can be used to display variables from a Rebel Data Logger. The items that should be available in the display can be added to an output signal in the Data Logger Configuration. When this is sent to the Data Logger, the Dash is automatically configured, and items can be selected within the display via the displays buttons.
- It can be used to display variables from a K-Box, load the DBC description file into the configuration utility, select the items that should be available for display and configure the Dash via USB or a supported Kvaser device. Items can then be selected within the display via the display buttons.
- It can be used to display variables broadcast on a vehicle CAN bus. Load the DBC description file into the configuration utility, select the items that should be available for display and configure the Dash via USB or a supported Kvaser device; items can then be selected within the display via the displays buttons.
- No configuration is required To use it as a CAN Message viewer. The CAN viewer is accessed via the Main Menu.
Rebel Dash Device
Twist-activated suction cup with an arm type mounting system
The Rebel Dash is configurable from DiaLog or its configuration tool. With the straightforward mounting system or the optional windscreen mounting system, you can monitor vehicle data graphically within minutes.
The Rebel Dash exemplifies a product that is easy to install and use.
It can be plugged straight into the OBD2 to 9-way Sub D cable and directly into a vehicle's diagnostics CAN Bus.
The supplied cable is also directly compatible with the Influx Technology multi-connect cable available for the Rebel CT and LT data Loggers; connect it to the AUX output on the multi-connect cable. The simple cable options with standard CiA® 102 pinout allow for rapid connection and configuration, whether used in a configuration with a Rebel CT or LT Logger, standalone in a vehicle or when used with other tools.
When connected to the LT or CT data loggers through the multi-connect cable, the display is automatically switched on or off by the data logger when in sleep mode, so no user intervention is required.
The Rebel Dash display is a high-brightness QVGA (320x240 pixels) colour display that is viewable in full sunlight on a 3.5-inch colour display with integrated input and output features.
The Display is electrically and environmentally rugged. The new Rebel Dash display is ready to provide rugged, flexible and maintenance-free instrumentation in the harshest environments.
- A list of the parameters
- Dials and digital LEDs
- A graphing mode
- A CAN trace viewer mode
- Rebel Dash device
- Standard display cable Deutsch to 9-pin D Sub
- Mounting System – The Dash can be fixed to the vehicle via the fixed mounting bracket or mounted on the windscreen via a twist-activated suction cup with an arm utilising five ball joints, allowing for multi-directional adjustments (both included).
- OBDII (type A) to 9-way D-sub
- OBDII (type B) to 9-way D-sub
- Multi-connect cable to link to a current Influx Technology CT or LT Logger